The Innovation Award recognises businesses, partnerships and collaborations that have made a significant contribution to sustainable consumption, waste reduction, or resource management. This category highlights the ability of organisations to promote sustainable consumption, reduce environmental impacts and create new business opportunities.
The innovation could be:
- a new product design that uses sustainable materials or reuses existing materials;
- a change of a process that reduces waste or re-uses materials;
- a product re-use, repair and remanufacture;
- the introduction of an innovative business model;
- a service innovation;
- an open innovation approach that connects supply chains and partnerships to reduce waste and/or use of raw materials.
Explain why your submission is innovative and the environmental and financial benefits achieved from this innovation.
Top Tips for an Award Winning Entry
If you’re considering entering the 2018 Scottish Resources Awards, check out our helpful guide on preparing and drafting your application here.
- Deadline for application entries is Friday 24 August 2018
- Judging will take place from week commencing 03 September 2018
- Award finalists will be contacted week commencing 10 September 2018
- Award Ceremony will take place on the evening of Thursday 4 October 2018 at the Edinburgh International Conference Centre. Each shortlisted applicant will be provided with a free place.