Entries are now closed for 2018. We have had a fantastic response this year and would like to wish the best of luck to all those who have entered.
This award is looking for initiatives that embodies the circular economy and bring organisations closer to the ethos of a circular approach within the resource and waste management sector.
Scottish Government emphasises that a circular economy is where we continue to keep the value of the object, by making things last and that this is an economic, environmental and moral necessity. This helps conserve finite resources, support jobs and improve quality of life.
Circular economy is a large concept and applicants are not expected to cover the whole subject of circular economy in their application but applications should detail any relevant elements from ideally at least three of the following:
- Show how they are shifting from finite to renewable sources
- Highlight any design innovations
- Indicate how they have embraced reuse
- Show how remanufacturing is a key component in the initiative
- Highlight changes to current business models
Top Tips for an Award Winning Entry
If you’re considering entering the 2018 Scottish Resources Awards, check out our helpful guide on preparing and drafting your application here.
- Deadline for application entries is Friday 24 August 2018
- Judging will take place from week commencing 03 September 2018
- Award finalists will be contacted week commencing 10 September 2018
- Award Ceremony will take place on the evening of Thursday 4 October 2018 at the Edinburgh International Conference Centre. Each shortlisted applicant will be provided with a free place.